Volunteer pensioners who have never worked on TV before produce content “Studio 50+”. Twice a month on Thursdays TV viewers can see the programs. The new journalists love it and so do their audience. “Some of us had no idea about computing and typing. Everything was new, but we are eager to learn something new, and use it for the sake of others. It’s not easy to make TV programmes at an old age, but we do our best. In a short time, TV studio “50+” has become one of the most important tools for expressing ideas of our NGO “Wisdom Ripening”.
Organizaton of Retired Persons “Wisdom Ripening”
Tuymazy Television Center
Elena Kornilova (editor in chief of Tuymazy Television)
- To depict older people in the media in a positive light without stereotyping. The community recognizes them for their past as well as their present contributions.
- To express our ideas and involve more volunteers in our movement.
- To cover urgent problems and interview government members and those who are responsible for solving them, thus improving the situation in the city.
- To cover all the events and activities of our organization and implementation of the Global WHO Age-Friendly Cities Project, in which our retirees take an active part.
- To cover important national and international events, such as conferences, meetings, seminars, make documentary films and get awards for them.
- Older adults
- The community at large
- Implication of older adults in a wide variety of projects
- Recognition for the role they play
- Growth of the organization
- Fostering the ideals of the WHO age friendly cities
VOLUNTEERS: Group of 12 new television journalists
HOURS PER MONTH:
2-3 hours every Saturday (10-12 hours per month) volunteers are taught. And a lot of time is spent by volunteers on making the programs (interviews, camerawork, writing texts, choosing time codes, etc.
PROGRAM GUIDE: We could explain the method
In kind support by the Tuymazy Television Center, our big supporter. We are grateful to the owner of the TV Company Alexander Reshetnikov who lets us use all the equipment of the studio.
The retirees are trained by editor Elena Kornilova, who volunteers her time teach the television class at the University.
Through www.wisdomripening.org and local media
POLICIES FOR REPLICATING: Not provided at this time.
Please complete our online Program User Form if you are interested in trying out this program and need more information. You will be contacted shortly by a member of the Pass It On Network team after you submit the completed form.